Sunday, March 4, 2012

In the end, it’s extra effort that separates a winner from second place. But winning takes a lot more that, too. It starts with complete command of the fundamentals. Then it takes desire, determination, discipline, and self-sacrifice. And finally, it takes a great deal of love, fairness and respect for your fellow man. Put all these together, and even if you don’t win, how can you lose?

In the morning, Jonathan and I headed up to the 36th St wave park to try to catch some waves with our paddle boards. The air was in the 60s but the water was about 43. The wetsuit helped but my toes felt like they were about to fall off. 




Afternoon WOD

Redo of 12.2 

31
Got my first 135 after several attempts. I wrote "SHOULDER" and "BACK" on the floor to remind myself to pull my shoulder back when I set up and to straighten my back before exploding upward. It helped to a certain degree. I also did this facing the wall and drew a line on the wall as a visual cue on when to jump.

No comments:

Post a Comment