Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Out of the night that covers me, Black as the pit from pole to pole, I thank whatever gods may be For my unconquerable soul. In the fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance My head is bloody, but unbowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears Looms but the Horror of the shade, And yet the menace of the years Finds and shall find me unafraid. It matters not how strait the gate, How charged with punishments the scroll, I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.

Evening WOD

BB Gymnastics
1) Power Snatch + Snatch (full squat): 2X1 @ 70%, 2X1 @ 75%, 1X1 @ 
   80% – rest 75 sec. went to 80% but failed the last squat cleans
   redid it until I got under the bar.

2) Power Clean + Push Jerk: 3X1 @ 75%, 2X1 @ 80% – rest 75 sec. 
   This felt light. Might need to change 1RM of 155 to 160 next

Conditioning (2 parts)
Part 1-
4 rounds for reps and row times of:
ME UB HSPU
Row 500m
Rest 1:1

3/4/9/11 on HSPUs and about 1:58 for each 500m row. Next time, make sure hands and head form a triangle for hspu and have hands go as wide as possible. It makes the HSPUs easier and the ROM is shorter.

Part 2-
Exactly 10 minutes after part 1 complete one set each of the following:
1) ME UB Perfectly Vertical KBS 24/16kg 31
2) ME UB Thrusters 115/75# 3 total, first thruster, second was a push
   jerk and third was a split jerk.
3) ME HS Walk for distance (3 attempts) 2s was max
*Rest as needed between efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment