Saturday, January 21, 2012

Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them. A desire, a dream, a vision.

Event #1 9:30AM

50 double unders, then
5 rounds for time
5 ring ball ups
3 jerks 125#

Did pretty well in this event. Placed 5th. Was afraid that I might not be able to drop the bar on my shoulders but somehow things worked itself out and I did all jerks unbroken.

Event #2  Noon

1st minute snatch 99
2nd minute snatch 109 failed
3rd minute snatch 109
4th minute clean 135
5th minute clean 155
6th minute clean 165

Missed on my 2nd snatch attempt. Not sure what I did wrong but I probably missed my catch and was too far forward. The clean felt good and I PR'ed on my clean at 165. While overall the event felt good for me, I placed pretty close to the bottom as the other guys lifted way more than I did. Strength is definitely something that I have keep working on.

Event #3 2:30pm

For time:
Deadlift 155# 21-15-9
Rope climb 15' 1-2-3

Was doing really well until the last rope climb. I came in slightly under 2 minutes but the last rope climb got me. Every time I went up I just slid down. There was nothing left in my forearms. Had my first DNF here.

No comments:

Post a Comment