Friday, December 30, 2011

It is better to live for something than to die for nothing.

Major improvement today with the back issue. Was able to sleep in any position and was able to stretch out the back pretty good. Tried bending from the waist while rounding the back and I'm slowly gaining the strength and flexibility back. Will keep stretching and icing/heating. But this is great progress. Will be back soon.

Interesting article: Why endurance sports might be bad for you? There will always be proponents and opponents to endurance sports and while the article highlights the possible damage to the heart, one sentence caught my attention; "sensible training and adequate recovery". That is true for all sports but how many of us take that to heart. I for one did not. With my back being injured it was hard not to think about how I'm losing good training time. Endurance sports are great, for me it was a great mental accomplishment. And it stops at that. It did not help me physically as I was tired beyond imagination and my body was susceptible to injuries and sickness. It did not help me socially either. I didn't have time for friends and my relationships suffered. At least that's for me. For others its a match made in heaven. Hats off to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment